Monday, October 29, 2012

New Beginnings.

As 2012 quickly comes to a close I have realized that I am terrible at keeping a journal, and by terrible, I mean I haven't kept one regularly since like the fourth grade. So, to get a head start on all that "New Year's Resolutions" awesomeness, I'm going to start now!

I'm a senior in high school with big dreams and I want to keep track of what I'm going through now so I can look back and remember what life was like for 17 year-old me. I do think it's important to keep records of who you are so you can look back and show your descendants what you were like back in the day...but I also think sleep is important. Therefore, sitting down to record something meaningful about my life every single day just isn't a realistic option at this point. But, lucky for me, I waste a ton of time on the Internet, so I figure I might as well do something useful and blog about my life in between pinning clothes I can't afford and looking at funny pictures of cats.

I guess to start, I should model this first post after those lovely "Getting to Know You" worksheets we've all filled out a thousand times and give you some fun facts about me. Here we go!

1) I love my family SO much! They are my rock and I have no clue what I would do without them.

2) I'm a Mormon! I value my faith a lot and it is a huge part of my life.

3) My favorite colors are yellow, grey, and purple.

4) I LOVE music. I play guitar and sing. I write my own stuff and learn covers of other songs. I listen to everything from Gustav Mahler to Mac Miller and love it all the same. Maybe if you're lucky, I'll post some videos...but I'll let this nasty cold pass first, for all our sakes.

5) I love everything and anything vintage. I swear I was born in the wrong time period. I should be like 70 right now, not 17.

6) I'm a terrible speller. Thank goodness this blogging thing has spell check, or we'd all be in for a rough time.

7) I love outerwear. If I could wear a coat all day, everyday, I would.

8) I love lipstick. Sometimes I look like a dweeb wearing it, but I love it.

9) Ice cream is my biggest weakness. I eat it way too much, but I don't even care anymore, because it makes me happy and it's delicious. So there.

10) I can't dance to save my life...except tap dancing, I'm a beast at tap dancing.

11) I am not a morning person. I hate the morning, enough said.

12) I love rings. They are no doubt my favorite type of jewelry.

13) I'm obsessed with bargain hunting...I recently bought a lovely Modcloth dress that was originally over $100 for $24.99 soooo I'm constantly checking all my favorite stores for new sales.

14) I love reading. Books are awesome. I'm currently reading The Cellist of Sarajevo by Steven Galloway. It is a beautiful book and I totally recommend it.

15) I love quotes. I quote things all the time, people, movies, songs, etc.

16) I think that social activism and social entrepreneurship (I originally spelled that word so wrong, spell check didn't even recognize it. Props to me.) is so important.

17) Technology and I are not friends. There is a reason there are no pictures in this post and that reason is that all the ones I've tried to put in are blurry as all get out...so yeah, that happened.

Well, there you go. 17 fun facts, for 17 years of living! Hopefully that gives a little insight into who I am and what I'm about. Until next time...

EJ.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog alreaady!!! Looking forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete