Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Homecoming.

Lucky me, I found out how to make my pictures clear as day on this thing! Well, homecoming was almost three weeks ago. Not gonna lie, it was kind of lame this year, but that's ok. I've never been that into Spirit Week or the Battle of the Classes, so it's not really that big of a surprise that I'm not the biggest fan of Homecoming. Spirit week started off on Monday with Disney Day, Tuesday was Tie-dye Day, Wednesday was Ram Day, and Thursday was Class Color day. We didn't have school on Friday, which was a beautiful thing for several reasons.

Disney Day brought out some lovely items of clothing to create a Mary Poppins costume! Much to my mother's chagrin, who hates Mary Poppins, I looked just like her. I resurrected some old choral uniform pieces, including a white button-down and nerdy red bow-tie, and the bridesmaid's skirt that I wore almost two years ago (crazy!) at Alicia's wedding. I wore a lovely Christmas apron and little black heels to complete the outfit. Sadly, I did not try to talk in a jaunty English accent the entire day, I wouldn't have been able to take myself seriously and I was still at school.

Tie-dye Day, Ram Day, and Color Day were just as exciting as they sound. I wore a tie-dye shirt, a school sweatshirt, and my senior shirt, that was black for our class color. Thrilling. The class shirts were super cute though. On the front were fabric letters in a super cute chevron pattern. I was a "U". Everyone with a shirt spelled out, "Seniors Keep Calm and Just Graduate 2013!!!!!!", and yes, there were six people with exclamation point shirts. On the back there was our nickname and our class phrase which is, "2+0+1=3 We're the Only Class that Adds Up!" and my nickname is the classic "Stormin' Mormon".

So after the Thursday pep-rally, cheer practice, and an awesome cheer sleepover (23 girls!) at my house, Friday came and brought with it the Homecoming Game. Unfortunately, our school is a whole lot better at academic competitions...sports, not so much. In fact, we are the Homecoming team; the team that every other school plays for Homecoming to ensure a winning game.  Sadly, this year, the Homecoming team didn't get to win their own Homecoming game, but that was kind of expected.

So now for the good stuff, the dance! I don't actually enjoy the dance part too much (I can't dance, remember??), but I do love getting dressed up!


My friend, Cassidy, and I were the wicked step-sisters in our school's production of Cinderella last year, so we had to channel our former characters for a few pictures! But we also took some normal ones, no worries.



The group was really fun, and really big. We went to the Macaroni Grill for dinner, and it wasn't stellar, but after dinner we got drinks at Starbucks for dessert. I got the salted caramel hot chocolate, and it was really good! Then we went to the dance and the rest is history! It's kind of sad that it was my last High School Homecoming, but it's exciting to look forward to all of the new experiences that college will bring! Kind of scary to look at the change between Homecoming '09 and Homecoming '12!




EJ.



No comments:

Post a Comment